Roundup: Fangio says Lock, Fant injuries look 'mild' Published: Aug 19, 2019 at 06:29 AM Around the NFL Writer star receiver Mike Evans is banged up. The wideout mi sed Monday's practice, . Evans left Sunday's practice early holding his quad after snagging a deep pa s. The Bucs could take it cautiously with their most vital offensive weapon the rest of the preseason. Tampa takes on the on Friday Olivier Vernon Jersey . Evans played 20 snaps in the first two preseason games, per Next Gen Stats, but didn't catch his only target. Tampa running back Ronald Jones, who is dealing with a sore knee, also didn't practice Monday. Other news we're tracking Monday: NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (shoulder) is expected to rejoin the team soon in preparation for the start of the regular season. DE DeMarcus Lawrence (shoulder) is expected to come off the PUP list soon, source says. Lawrence will be limited at first but has been hoping to be ready for Week 1 vs. the and it looks like thats a reasonable goal. Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) Emmanuel Sanders will play his first snaps since tearing his Achilles on Dec. 5 when the take on the Monday night. The receiver is likely only to get a few snaps but seeing the veteran back on the field will be a big boon for the offense. Glory to God.. I made it thru my storm and test now tonight I take the field with my teammates again. Im back stronger and better. Thank you for doing such an amazing job on my surgeries. You guys are the best in the world in my opinion. Emmanuel Sanders (@ESanders_10) coach Ron Rivera says Cam Newton will play this week against the but did not specify how much action the quarterback will get. wide receiver Julian Edelman was back in pads and on the practice field Monday, per NFL Network's . The announced tight end Jonnu Smith and kicker Ryan Succop have pa sed their physicals and are Sheldon Richardson Jersey no longer on the physically unable to perform list. Team reporter Jim Wyatt also shared footage of RB Derrick Henry getting some work in during his first practice in three weeks. The chose to hold Henry out after he injured his calf early in training camp. A look at back at practice. Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) The announced the signing of linebacker Chris Worley. The 23-year-old Ohio State product played in two games with in 2018. The move comes a day after Philly released . The Bucs also announced the team signed defensive lineman Elijah Qualls and waived Shane Bowman. Bill O'Brien says he expects rookie offensive tackle Tytus Howard (broken finger) back for this week. Left tackle Matt Kalil is expected to practice this week. The also announced the signing of cornerback Derrick Jones and that they waived receiver Stephen Louis. Free-agent receiver Dontrelle Inman is slated to visit the sometime this Anthony Zettel Jersey week, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports. Inman was released by the on Sunday. The placed running back D'Onta Foreman and wide receiver Daurice Fountain on injured reserve. In corresponding moves, the signed veteran running back Charcandrick West and added safety Kai Nacua Joe Schobert Jersey and running back Marquis Young. Safety Derrick Kindred has been waived. Per Rapoport, the tentative plan is for running back Derrius Guice (knee) to play against the Thursday. This will likely be Guice's only action this preseason, Rapoport notes. tackle Cordy Glenn is in concu sion protocol, coach Zac Taylor announced. Taylor also noted that WR John Ro s is set to start practicing as early as Sunday. Ro s had been listed as day-to-day due to his hamstring injury. The announced they have signed rookie RB Josh Caldwell to fill the space left by the departure of kicker . Caldwell was waived by the on August 12 after spending most of training camp with the team and making an appearance in their preseason opener. tight end and first-round pick Noah Fant limped off the field Monday against the with an injured foot. Fant was seen back on the sideline later in the game and the injury wasn't believed to be serious. Rookie quarterback Drew Lock left the game in the third quarter with a right hand injury and did not return. Lock finished the game 7-of-12 for 40 yards and was expected to see much more time in the game. Following the game, Fant was seen limping and Lock was seen with a brace on his right hand. At the postgame pre s conference, coach Vic Fangio said of both injuries, "I think they're mild in nature, but we'll see." Following Fangio's pre ser, Lock spoke to the media and said it was a "little sprain" and X-rays were negative. Coach Kyle Shanahan told the media after Monday's game that linebacker Kwon Alexander, who the signed in March, has the green light to play against the in Week 3 of the preseason. Shanahan added that, in Monday's game, safety Adrian Colbert sustained a hamstring injury, defensive end Damontre Moore dislocated his thumb, cornerback Tim Harris injured his groin and cornerback D.J. Reed has a shoulder injury. No timetables were provided for their returns. This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be mi sing content or Joe Thomas Jersey contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an i sue.